Remember the old days of clipping coupons? There are people out there who love that. I tried it for awhile, and I personally do not understand the appeal. It takes a lot of time, and all you don’t save that much unless you buy a bunch of stuff you didn’t want in the first place, which defeats the purpose. Internet coupons are a little better, but you still have to be able to find them… except you don’t anymore.
What exactly is Honey? Honey is a browser extension that automatically applies coupons while you are shopping online. Once Honey is installed, it runs in the background doing nothing until you visit an online retailer. It then does the following:
- When you visit the retailer, the icon changes from grey to orange.
- A small number appears at the lower right of the Honey icon. The number refers to the number of coupons available for that site.
- When you are ready to check out, a popup appears letting you know how many codes are available.
- Click “Try Codes!” and Honey will check every coupon code and, if multiple coupons are valid, will apply the one that saves you the most money.
Additionally, even if no coupons are available, several online retailers have partnered with Honey to offer HoneyGold, Honey’s version of reward points. Simply spend money at these retailers with Honey running in the background, and you will be rewarded with HoneyGold, which can be redeemed for cash or gift cards.
Pros and Cons
- Save money in the form of coupons
- Save time by eliminating the need to search for coupons
- Get reward points
- $0 cost
- Most codes do not apply
- Only available for Chrome, Firefox and Opera; more coming soon
- Not available on mobile devices; may be available at a later date
Who is Honey For?
Honey is for anyone who shops online.
Honey is 100% free to the user. In some cases, if you discover a coupon using Honey, Honey earns a small commission from the merchant.
There is really no downside to using Honey. Most of the time, you forget it is there, until you are shopping online and see the popup letting you know there are codes available to save you money. And while it has been my experience that most codes will not apply to your current purchase, it only takes one to save you money. That’s it. It’s simple to use and can save you lots of time and money.
To start saving money and time, Click Here!
If you have tried Honey, I would love to hear your experiences. Do you love it? Hate it? Post your Comments below.
Have a great day!