Out of all the apps for earning cash back simply for buying items you normally buy, Ibotta is one of the better ones. Let’s take a closer look.
Ibotta is an app, available for iOS and Android, that allows you to earn cash back for shopping. It works like this:
- Unlock rebates by completing tasks, usually watching a video or answering a few questions.
- Go shopping and buy items you have unlocked.
- Verify your purchases by scanning your barcodes and taking a picture of your receipt.
- Get paid.
To use Ibotta, you need to purchase your items from one of the approved stores, but just about every major chain is approved, so chances are you will be shopping at an approved store.
As an alternative to scanning barcodes and taking pictures of receipts, some of the stores allow you to connect your loyalty program account to Ibotta, which automates the process. However, the number of stores that participate is small, so chances are you will need to scan your barcodes and submit the receipts. That’s no big deal because Ibotta makes the process really easy.
You can also connect with your Facebook friends and increase your cash back by earning as a team.
Your rewards are available as cash or a gift card.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- Free to download
- Can earn actual cash
- Connect to friends on Facebook to earn even more cash back
- Need to unlock rebates ahead of time (requires planning)
- Only available in the United States (Update)
Who Is Ibotta For?
Ibotta is for anyone who wants to earn cash back while shopping.
Ibotta is 100% free.
Click here! to get started with Ibotta.
If you have any experience with Ibotta or any other money-saving app, I would love to hear about it. Just drop me a Comment below.
Have a great day!