You have played around with Facebook and Twitter enough that you think, “Hey, maybe I can make some money managing social media accounts for companies and firms that want a social media presence.” PaidSocialMediaJobs.com (PSMJ) claims to help you do that, but is it legit? Let’s take a look.
Owner: Annie Jones
What does PaidSocialMediaJobs.com Promise?
According to the website, PSMJ promises to show you:
- Everything you need to get started “as early as tonight”
- How to find hundreds of easy social media jobs that you can “begin right away”
- How to get businesses to give you free products to test as part of your social media manager job
It also includes a backstory of the owner of the site, Annie Jones. She is a single mother who lost her job, had bills piling up, and met someone who was making money as a social media manager, who showed her how to do it, and here we are. Sound familiar? Maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine, but why is everyone who offers a program to make money online someone who was once on the verge of homelessness and was saved at the last minute by the current program? Just asking.
What Do You Get?
With PSMJ, you get access to a website that has two general sections:
- Jobs Marketplace
The training is rather mediocre, mostly getting into why you should be doing social media management and not, as I would hope, how to go about doing it. The training covers topics like:
- Determining clients’ wants and needs
- Where to find social media jobs
- Identifying beginner social media jobs
- Brand management through social media
Notice what is not there? How about what you need to do to set up a Facebook profile? How do you set up a Twitter account and get followers? What to post regularly to increase and keep followers? How about a 90 day plan to get to “X” number of followers? All of these topics would have been useful, but the training covers none of it.
The jobs marketplace is somewhat useful, but the jobs are not automatic. You will need to apply for these jobs, and if you have no experience in social media management, good luck landing them. Some of the jobs do have potential, but when you look into them, they have ridiculously unrealistic requirements, like getting a million likes in a week or some other such impossibility. Plus, you would do better to look for opportunities on other sites like fiverr.com or upwork.com.
Pros and Cons
- Social media management is a real thing with real earning potential.
- The training does provide some useful information.
- Claims were exaggerated; you will not earn immediately.
- Jobs marketplace was a disappointment; better websites are out there.
- No specific information on how to do social media management.
Who is PaidSocialMediaJobs.com For?
PSMJ is for someone who has experience managing social media accounts for his or her own personal business and would like to offer the expertise learned to others for a fee. If you have never had a Facebook or Twitter account, it would be a waste of time and money to invest in this because the training does not cover enough technical details for beginners.
Tools and Training
As I discussed above, the training consists of videos covering very low-level information. I would not call the training “useless,” but it is insufficient for social media beginners.
No support is offered at PSMJ. Once you join, you are on your own.
The price of PSMJ is $27, as of this writing. The price is relatively low, so you get no “click away” break when leaving the page, and there is no free trial peiod.
PaidSocialMediaJobs.com vs. Wealthy Affiliate
Here is how PSMJ stacks up against Wealthy Affiliate.
Owner: Annie Jones
I do not recommend PaidSocialMediaJobs.com for the following reasons:
- You will learn much more managing your own social media accounts than from the PSMJ training.
- More social media jobs can be found elsewhere.
Since you can get better training and find more job prospects elsewhere for free, it is not worth investing in the product.
If you have experience with social media management, please provide some input by dropping me a Comment below.
Have a great day!